For centuries humans have found relaxing benefits in drinking green tea. L-Theanine is an amino acid found naturally-occurring in the green tea plant (Camellia sinensis). It is made in both the leaves and the root of the green tea plant. Of all the amino acids in green tea, L-Theanine makes up fifty percent. Interestingly, the amino acid occurs in its free form in the leaves and is not bound to proteins. Many use it for easing tension and calming their mood. Recent research has shown a myriad of benefits to our brain’s ability to both—paradoxically—be more alert and relaxed. L-Theanine seems to stimulate alpha waves in the brain. Alpha waves have been shown to play an important role in attention and alertness. Others find benefit in using L-Theanine during sports activities that require focus.
- Provides L-theanine from a natural plant source: green tea leaves.
- Promotes relaxation and alertness.
- May support focus and attention.
- Offered in a vegetarian capsule to appeal to a wider consumer base.
- Suggested use: Take one capsule per day or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.